For clients enrolled in group or individual counseling for mental health, behavioral health or substance disorders, Ascend provides a broad range of medication-assisted treatments -- treatment which combines prescription medication and behavioral counseling -- at our offices in Rockaway, NJ.
Once you enroll in outpatient counseling, you can receive medication-assisted treatment or medication management from our psychiatric staff if it is part of your overall care plan.
Our Goal Is To Help You Now
Getting an appointment with an in-network psychiatrist can take months.
We want you to get help now, not months from now when a slot finally opens up. Ascend provides:
- Board-certified psychiatric care
- Appointments scheduled with a prescriber once you complete your assessment
- Reasonable self-pay rates
- Super-bill available if you wish to submit your psychiatric consultation to your insurer for reimbursement
INSURANCE NOTE: Although our counseling services are in-network with major insurance carriers, our psychiatric services are out of network. If you'd like a super-bill to submit to your carrier for reimbursement, we're happy to provide one at no charge.
Who We Treat
Our psychiatric care is available only to Ascend individual or group counseling clients.
- We prescribe medications only for individuals who are receiving counseling or behavioral therapy through Ascend.
- If you are not receiving ongoing counseling from our staff, we will not be able to prescribe medications for you.
- Research shows that medication + counseling is far more effective than medication by itself.
Vivitrol & Suboxone Addiction Treatment
Like nicotine patches that help people stop smoking, research has shown that naltrexone (Vivitrol or Revia) and buprenorphine (Suboxone) can help protect your sobriety when used as part of a comprehensive treatment and relapse prevention plan for substance use disorders, alcohol abuse, or misuse of prescription drugs.
When combined with outpatient counseling, these medications aid in recovery from addiction or substance abuse by reducing cravings and suppressing the brain's response to street drugs, prescription drugs or alcohol.
Our psychiatric staff only treats Ascend counseling clients. Not all treatment plans include prescription medication.
If yours does, our psychiatric staff is licensed to provide in-office Vivitrol injections.
We can also initiate and refill Suboxone prescriptions for patients whose treatment program includes it.
Other medications can also reduce the likelihood that you'll start drinking or abusing drugs again, including acamprosate (Campral) and disulfiram (Antabuse).
Note that we do not prescribe Vivitrol, Suboxone or other psychiatric medicines unless you are also participating in counseling with Ascend.
Other Medication-Assisted Treatments
We also provide psychiatric treatment including prescriptions for common emotional and mental health concerns including:
- Anxiety, social phobia and panic attacks
- Situational, clinical or chronic depression, or major depressive disorder
- Manic-depressive disorder (bipolar syndrome)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Aggression, anger and impulsivity
- Oppositional defiant disorder or conduct disorder
- ADD/ADHD, hyperactivity and other attentional and behavior disorders