How To Get Help For Addiction
Do you want to know how to get help for addiction? This post will explain everything about getting the help that you deserve!
Addiction attacks families of all races and income levels. Whether you have an internet addiction, an opiate addiction or other substance abuse problem or something completely different, addiction is everywhere we look!
Living with addiction will take a toll on the lives of those with the disease and those who love them. Addiction centers are available with treatment for those who need help. There are several ways to find the right facility you’ll need for yourself or a family member. Follow along as we provide the steps on how to get the help you deserve for addiction.
PRO TIP: Read these 5 signs your teen has an internet addiction! We know they’ll be super helpful!
Getting The Help You Deserve For Addiction And Mental Health Issues
Treatment Options Available
There is a wide range of treatment options available for those who suffer from addiction, whether it’s themselves or their loved ones. Treatment can vary in cost and duration depending on the individual’s needs. Treatment options include inpatient and outpatient treatment, as well as relapse prevention programs for those who are actively working to stay sober. Treatment is available at various levels of intensity depending on the severity of addiction:
- Inpatient Treatment – This type of treatment involves 24 hours per day or partial hospitalization with an average length from 30 days to 90 days. Treatment may include medical care, addiction counseling, and therapy.
- Outpatient Treatment – This option allows the patient to live at home but still receive treatment three days a week for an average length from 60 days to 120 days. Treatment will vary depending on the individual’s needs and can be medicated or non-medicated with options for
- Treatment for Families – Treatment for family members who are living with an addicted loved one can include the following types of help:
- Prevention and Education Services
- Support groups, including 12-step programs like Al-Anon; Nar Anon (for those dealing with a relative’s drug addiction); and Alateen (for adolescents living with an addicted parent)
- Relapse Prevention Programs – Patients may enroll in a relapse prevention program that will help them stay sober. An example of this is the Matrix Model where patients are randomized into either treatment as usual or group psychotherapy sessions three times per week.
Recovery Rates for Treatment Centers
Some Treatment Centers have a recovery rate of ninety percent. Many people who go to Treatment Centers come away with the tools they need to never return again. This is not always possible, but it does happen in some cases where someone has a personal motivation for change and gets all the help that they need from their treatment center.
Centers are a place where people can go to get help from experts who know what they’re doing and have seen it all. Treatment Centers offer hope for someone in the early stages of addiction, but also provide services to those who feel like their lives are falling apart due to addiction.
There is no perfect Treatment Center for every person or family, but the recovery rate for those who choose to try and fight off an addiction on their own is much less successful. Treatment Centers can offer a sense of community that is not always available to everyone.
Treatment Center Methods
Not all treatment centers are the same and not everyone responds to treatment in the same way. Treatment centers have several different methods of recovery including:
- The 12-step programs
- One-on-one counseling for underlying issues that may affect someone’s sobriety.
- Group counseling
- Treatment centers that offer holistic care. – Treatment for pregnant women and mothers with children
- Treatment Centers can also provide detox services to help someone manage the withdrawal symptoms of drugs or alcohol addiction. Once in a treatment program, it is very important to take advantage of all the different recovery programs offered at your
- Treatment for opioid addiction
- Treatment centers that focus on the particular needs of women, children, or adolescents who struggle with substance abuse
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders such as mental illness (such as anxiety) can also contribute to addiction.
The length of stay and how willing you are in participating in the many different programs offered will affect your recovery. Whether you seek out a style holistic center or one based more on science, in the end, the time you put in and effort placed on recovery will have the most impact.
How to Find a Treatment Center for You or
The first step is finding a local addiction specialist that you trust who understands the nuances involved in addiction recovery. Failing to do so can result in the loss of your job, depression and anxiety, marital problems and financial hardship so it’s crucial to seek out the help you deserve.
Treatment is a process and not an event, so it’s important to find someone who can guide you through the decision-making process or give you referrals when necessary. Treatment centers offer many different options for those suffering from addiction which will be tailored to your specific needs.
The internet is a good place to start but be sure to ask friends and family for referrals as well. Treatment centers are accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, so look online to find a list of JCAHO-accredited addiction treatment facilities in your area.
Next, research reputable sources such as SAMHSA Treatment Facility Locator or Find Rehab Now. Treatment for addiction is different than other types of treatment, so be sure to find a center that specializes in this area.
Another good idea is to seek out the advice of your current doctor as they may have suggestions as well.
Once you have a list of potential candidates, the best way to find out about the type of care offered by these facilities is by asking them questions directly and reviewing their website carefully before you decide on one. If it feels right, it probably is the right choice.
Getting Help In New Jersey
If you live in the New Jersey area and are seeking help with addiction, call us at Ascend Treatment and Wellness Center. Our professional staff has the experience, fortitude, and compassion to see you have the best chance at recovery. If you want the help you deserve, contact us today for a consultation.
We hope you have learned how to get help for addiction and wish you the best.