Expanded Outpatient Program for Adults
The Expanded Outpatient Program is for people 18 years of age or older focused on achieving sobriety or maintaining recovery when substance or alcohol abuse, drug or alcohol addiction, or substance use disorders and substance misuse are present.
It allows you to tailor your treatment approach to your unique needs.
Bridges the gap between outpatient therapy and IOP programs
Ascend's Expanded Outpatient Program bridges the gap between once-weekly traditional outpatient therapy and the mandatory 9 hours/week commitment dictated by traditional Intensive Outpatient Programs.
It's an excellent option if you:
- Have already attended Intensive Outpatient Programs several times
- Are skeptical about intensive outpatient treatment or didn't find the IOP experience as helpful as you had hoped
- Don't need or want the arbitrary time commitment mandated by most Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Want more support in maintaining sobriety than a single weekly outpatient appointment provides
- Want schedule flexibility
Choose just the services you want
After your initial assessment, you and your therapist will decide together which combination of services best suits your needs. Your individualized program can include any combination of the following:
- Weekly group therapy
- Weekly or twice-weekly individual therapy sessions
- Family therapy
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Medication management
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)