COVID-19 Coronavirus Update
New Telehealth Counseling, Therapy & Treatment Option
Especially now, maintaining your progress—and staying on top of all these new challenges without getting overwhelmed—is more valuable than ever.
Great news: most insurers are now covering telephone counseling for mental health, behavioral health and addiction treatment.
Just give us a call and we'll confirm your coverage and schedule your appointment.
We now offer a self-pay telephone counseling option so that you can receive continuous care while remaining in the safety of your home.
Just call us to schedule your telecounseling appointment.
Our Office Visit Precautions
Your health is very important to us. We've taken several additional steps to help keep our environment safe for you, including these procedures:
- Our receptionist specifically offers sanitizing wipes and/or hand sanitizer to each patient during appointment check-in
- Our office policy does not allow clinicians or office staff with signs of illness to report to work
- Our office policy does not allow patients with obvious respiratory symptoms like coughing or sneezing to attend appointments
- Our staff has been instructed to maintain a six-foot distance between clinician and patient, as recommended by public health officials
- We ensure extra cleaning of the reception area as well as office and seating surfaces at the start of the day, between clients, and at the end of the day
- All staff and clinicians are following an intensive handwashing protocol before and after appointments
- Hand sanitizer is available for client use in each office
If you're concerned about visiting our offices for your appointment, please call us to make alternative arrangements for treatment, or to reschedule your appointment.