Sober-Curious Bootcamp: Explore Your Drug & Alcohol Use
Explore Your Relationship With Alcohol & Drugs
If you're thinking about changing, cutting back or stopping your use of alcohol or drugs, the science is clear: change is a gradual process that does not occur in one sweeping moment.
And most of us do better with change when we decide for ourselves how to approach our goals or tackle our problems.
The purpose of this bootcamp is to help you better understand your use of alcohol and drugs and set yourself up for success in making desired changes to your current usage patterns.
We enourage you to abstain from alcohol or drug use during the program, but abstinence is not a requirement.
A four-week educational series that dispels myths and teaches targeted, practical skills
Led by an Ascend therapist, this program helps you explore, understand and change your relationship with drugs or alcohol. This interactive bootcamp provides both professional and peer support while sharing information, teaching new skills, and providing support to help you better understand your use of drugs or alcohol.
You'll find a safe, non-judgmental setting where the focus is on helping you quickly improve the quality of your day-to-day life.
Is this program right for me?
Our sober-curious bootcamp is a good choice if you:
- Wonder if drinking at night is affecting your mood or activities the next day, like getting to work on time, being able to work out, sleeping well
- Have noticed or been told that your alcohol or drug usage is different from your peers
- Have heard complaints from your girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse or partner about your usage, but you don't see it as a problem
- Wonder if still using alcohol or marijuana is okay or healthy, after you've stopped using another substance like opioids or cocaine
This program is not for
- Anyone who experiences physical withdrawal symptoms when trying to cut back or stop their alcohol or drug use
- Anyone under the age of 18
The latest science plus effective strategies
At the end of this four-week program, you'll:
- Understand the role that drugs and alcohol play in your life, both good and bad
- Understand the process for changing behavior based on Prochaska and Diclemente's transtheoretical stages of change model
- Understand your own motivation for change and explore factors which can increase &/or decrease your desire to change
- Become familiar with the factors that can contribute to substance use disorders
- Get unbiased, science-based information on available treatments
- Learn how to use specialized tools to analyze the connections between usage and your moods, feelings, cravings and urges
- Learn proven techniques to help you regain and maintain control over cravings, urges and counterproductive thoughts
- Recognize self-talk and cognitive distortions that make urges and cravings more severe
- Learn new ways and sources of support to cope with problem feelngs and thoughts
- Become familiar with other activities that can substitute for drug or alcohol use
You also have the option of seeling one of our clinicians weekly as an adjunct to this series.
Cost & registration
Fee: $200 covers all four sessions.
This educational series may be covered by your HSA or HRA. It is not reimbursable by most health insurance.
To register, please call our office.